If you are unable to pay with your bankcard over the internet (or by telephone), there are several possible reasons:
- If you have a new bankcard, first of all you need to activate it by withdrawing some money from a cash point before you can use it to make a payment.
- Confirm that your bankcard is accepted: Debit card, Visa and Mastercard.
- Ensure that the expiry date of your bankcard has not passed.
- Check that you have entered the right account number and pictogram.
- Check with your bank that your spending limit has not been exceeded.
It is sometimes possible that when you have made a large purchase or withdrawal, your card is then blocked for one week by your bank (even if your bank account is in credit).